TotalEnergies EP South Africa Block 567 (Pty) Ltd (“TEEPSA”) has applied to the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) for Environmental Authorisation (EA) to undertake exploration well drilling in Block 5/6/7 off the South-West Coast of South Africa – between Cape Town and Cape Agulhas, approximately 60 km from the coast at its closest point in water depths between 700 m and 3 200 m.
Their draft Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) Report has been made available for a 44-day review and comment period from 24 October to 7 December 2022.
Copies of the full report and Non-Technical Summary are available at the following locations for the duration of the comment period:
- SLR website (https://www.slrconsulting.com/en/public-documents/TEEPSA-567).
- Data free website (https://slrpublicdocs.datafree.co/en/public-documents/TEEPSA-567), which is accessiblefrom an internet-capable mobile phone WITHOUT data charges.
- The Non-Technical Summary is also available on the above-mentioned websites as an audio recording. Both the Non-Technical Summary document and audio recording are available in English, Afrikaans and isiXhosa languages.
DEADLINE FOR COMMENT ON THE DRAFT ESIA REPORT
The draft ESIA Report is the second document for comment during the ESIA process. Comments on the draft ESIA Report should reach SLR by no later than 7 December 2022 using the contact details below.
SLR Consulting (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Postal Address: 5th Floor, Letterstedt House, Newlands on Main, Newlands, 7700 Tel: (021) 461 1118 WhatsApp / SMS: 063 900 5536
SLR Website: https://www.slrconsulting.com/en/public-documents/TEEPSA-567 Data Free Website: https://slrpublicdocs.datafree.co/en/public-documents/TEEPSA-567
Please click here (https://forms.office.com/r/u9wfiwLSL1) or scan QR Code below to complete the required form to register to attend these public meetings. Please register for the online meeting by no later than 4 November 2022 in order to receive the meeting link.
- To join the online meeting, you do not need to have a Microsoft TEAMS account. You will, however, need an active internetconnection or mobile data to participate.
- If you want to join the meeting from a mobile device, you will need to download the Microsoft TEAMS mobile app.
- For more information on how to join a TEAMS meeting from your desktop (using either the Microsoft Edge or Google Chromebrowser) or mobile device please click here.
- The meetings will be recorded and uploaded to the SLR’s website and a data free website (details provided below).
Photo Cred: Paul Thomas